The platform provides the main Foodsoft version, complete with email replies and standard plugins. The web interface supports different languages. There is also a shared database of suppliers for some German and Dutch suppliers (in addition to those managed by your own cooperative).
The total costs for maintaing the platform are shared by all cooperatives. Please consider to donate 10 to 20 Euros on a yearly basis.
Because we don’t have a legal status, we’ve asked Sense.Lab to handle receiving donations. This is a German non-profit involved with several initiatives for a better world. When donating, please use their account details, making sure to mention foodcoops.net and your foodcoop name as a subject in the bank transfer.
Request a new instance
- Name of your foodcoop
- Short name (for use in the web address)
- Contact person (name + email address)
- Fallback contact person (name + email address)
- Homepage (if any)
After we finished to set up your instance you will receive an email with all the details.
In case you have an issue with the global platform, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, where the technical team can help to resolve it.
The global platform is maintained by volunteers from different cooperatives. If you would like to help out, please contact us!
We’re currently looking for people who want to write new documentation for the Foodsoft. Feel free to email either support address.
Some suppliers are used by several cooperatives and have automated article updates by means of a shared database. Each food cooperative can make a selection of its articles, and synchronize prices before opening an order. Read more on the wiki.
The following suppliers are available in the shared database:
- DE - Bio Antakya: organic wholesale retailer. Delivery to allmost all federal states. Note: The product catalog provided by Bio Antakya may contain errors (e.g. wrong deposit codes). Please double check after importing.
- DE - Naturkost Elkershausen: organic wholesale retailer.
- DE - Terra Naturkost: organic wholesale retailer.
- NL - BioRomeo: farmer collective with organic fruits and vegetables from Flevoland.
- NL - Odin: organic wholesale cooperative for dry foods, cheese and some household goods.
Please note that your Foodcoop needs to be an approved customer by any of this suppliers to place an order.